"Stop Talking and Listen" - June 9, 2017

By Reverend Gregory L. Edmond

Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power.
NKJV
Imagine that you have a friend that calls you occasionally. When they call, they start talking nonstop, "Hey, how are you? I hope you're having a good day, I went shopping on Tuesday, I'm probably going back on Thursday, there is a sale on Friday and I am going to plant flowers on Saturday, well, good-bye" and then hang up the phone without you being able to say anything. The friend doesn't do that just once, but every time they call you. How would you feel? Let me ask you a question... how do you think God feels?
We don't know everything. We don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Or next year. We need power. We need strength. We need wisdom. In prayer, we connect with not only the world's most powerful being but the smartest being. He knows everything. Why do we do all the talking when we have a treasure at our disposal in prayer? So let me encourage you in your prayers. Be quiet and listen a little bit.
I know you're thinking, "God has never said anything to me." But try it and you will be amazed. God will start speaking to you. You will sense His still, small voice speaking to you during the day and directing your path. And that's when you start on the great adventure. God wants to speak to you, and He is trying to get your attention. Take time today and spend it with Jesus.
Life Lesson: God wants to speak to you, stop talking and listen.

Dear God,
Thank You for always wanting to talk to me. Thank You for Your Word and the times You share with me in prayer. Please help me to hear Your voice and teach me to listen more. I am grateful that the God of the universe wants to speak to me. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"People of Faith" - September 9, 2017

“Pleasure In The Midst of Our Infirmities” - August 17, 2017

"God's Refreshing Comfort" - August 31, 2017