"Being Stable" - June 14, 2017

By Rev. Gregory L. Edmond
 
"Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong."
NKJV
Stability... Everyone desires to have it in life. After all, who wants to live life in chaos? Unfortunately, life doesn't give us a choice. Each morning when we open our eyes we await things that will catch us off guard. Good or bad, these elements in life are part of living in a broken world. The good news is that we are not alone, and there is a source outside the chaos that we can lean on in times of instability.
Psalm 94:22 "But the LORD has been my defense, And my God the rock of my refuge." NKJV
Throughout Scripture, God is referred to as a rock. This is not to say that He is made of granite, but it is a reference to His steadfastness. Like a mighty mountain, God is immovable and secure in all His ways. Because of this, He is our source for security and strength. When life brings surprises, we can stand on our God. When people change, our God will not. When situations arise, our God is our refuge. As you wake up each morning, spend time in God's Word and get to know Him more. Read His promises with great anticipation. Grasp His love and mercy and allow that to strengthen you. The more you know about God, Jesus and His might and power; the more you will be equipped to stand strong during the storms of life. Life may bring instability but with God we can remain stable.
Life Lesson: The more mature you grow in the Lord, the more stable you become in life and in all matters.
Dear God,
Thank You for Your great love for me and for Your steadfastness. Your Word tells me that You will never change and that Your mercy endures forever. Lord, help me to find stability on You, my Rock. Bring to mind Scriptures in my times of doubt and encouragements in my times of need. Fill me with Your Spirit so that I will remain brave, strong and steadfast in the faith. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"People of Faith" - September 9, 2017

"God's Refreshing Comfort" - August 31, 2017

“Pleasure In The Midst of Our Infirmities” - August 17, 2017