"In the Potter's Hands" - March 23, 2017

In The Potter’s Hands                      

By Rev. Gregory L. Edmond
"Surely you have things turned around! Shall the potter be esteemed as the clay; For shall the thing made say of him who made it, 'He did not make me'? Or shall the thing formed say of him who formed it, 'He has no understanding'?"
NKJV
Imagine... the God of the universe who spoke stars and galaxies into existence is the very one who formed you into the person you are today. Your eyes, nose, hands and feet were all created by the One who holds the oceans in the palm of His hands. I don't know about you friend, but that is a humbling image. What great comfort to know that the God of all things created me the way I am and yet, He still desires to mold and make me more and more like Jesus.
Of course, this process is tough and quite messy. There's a lot of molding, cutting and carving that seems painful at the time, but in the Master's hands, we become a masterpiece. When we fully submit our lives to God, He is able to take hardened clay and bring new life to it by wetting it with His Word and Spirit. He then begins shaping us into the image of His Son by scooping out the excess clay that is weighing us down. He then prepares us for His service and writes on us His name because we now belong to the Master.
My Sisters and Brothers, if you find yourself enduring hardship or trials, know that the Father is molding you into a vessel that He can use. It may be difficult, but we can trust His hands because He loves us and knows what's best.
Life Lesson: We are the clay and God is the potter
Dear God,
Thank You for the forgiveness of sins through Jesus. Thank You for saving me and changing my life. Lord, I pray that You would take this broken ball of clay and make it new. Mold my life into what You desire. Help me to see the hardships in my life as the Master's hands shaping me more into the likeness of Jesus. Use my life for Your world and Your glory.
In Jesus' name, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"People of Faith" - September 9, 2017

"God's Refreshing Comfort" - August 31, 2017

“Pleasure In The Midst of Our Infirmities” - August 17, 2017